Re: Heatsinks

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Aavid-Thermalloy and R-Theta have a very nice selection of online
whitepapers, guides, references, and programs.  R-Theta, last I was there,
had a very nice online finite element applet to test your "thermal
solutions."  The extrusions I got from R-Theta were not machined but did
have a surface flat enough for Steve Ward to mount two IGBT bricks to with
no further prep work. :)

For short duty cycle I agree with Terry.  For higher duty cycles I'd shoot
for something with fins and a fan.

Best regards

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group