high voltage technique for external access to x-ray transformer?

Original poster: "Jack Vandam" <snotoir7674g-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Hi folks:

Thanks for the great responses to my previous inquiries.  It's wonderful to
see the vast amount of high voltage experience here.  Another question if I
may, this time concerning how to properly fabricate a high voltage terminal.
I have a small dental x-ray transformer of the Picker/ SS White type (90 Kv
-at- 7 mA max).  It is already within its chassis (original metal x-ray
tubehead) and would need filled with oil for proper operation.  Since I'd
like to make the hv accessible from outside the case, what would be the
cheapest and most insulating way to provide external high voltage terminals?
On the big Westinghouse unit I spoke of recently, I noticed that its sockets
were recessed and composed of bakelite or similar.  How they are attached to
the metal is unknown though as I would imagine some sort of seal to keep out
ouside elements.  Anyway, any thoughts here would be appreciated.  I know
you guys have had to deal with these issues in your hv work and may be able
to give me some ideas.

Thanks,
Jack