Re: high voltage technique for external access to x-ray transformer?

Without some massive feedthru bushings you can't get the potential outside
an X-ray xmfr.

Best bet is have a local plastics fabricator produce a nice 3/8 inch thick
acrylic case for you.  Have a small 3/4 inch wide flange on the top so you
can attach an acrylic cover.  With plastic your coil to wall clearance can
be 1 inch and the HV can be brought out the top with common silicone neon
sign HV cable.  Keep this cable suspended away from ground as the cable is
rated at 15 kV and won't hold of 45 kV (1/2 your output from a single coil
in the X-ray xmfr) if it touches ground.

Using an external current limiting reactor you can run 4-5 kVA on short duty
cycles for beautiful climbing arcs.  Use caution --- these potentials are
very lethal!!

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.