Re: How many Coilers? +

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

If you want to buy something on ebay you can NOT wait until the last 30
seconds of the auction to fire away a bid because there are 35 other people
all doing the same thing.  After you loose the bid there is not enough time
to bid again.   The best thing to do is deside how much you are really
willing to pay for an item then place the bid and forget about it.   If you
get outbid there will be another day and another auction.   Don't worry
about it.  On the other hand if there is an item for sale that you can not
live without bid very very high and you will most definately win.  Example,
there was an item on ebay that I wanted and I knew that no one with a brain
would bid more than $75.00 on it so I bid $500.00 and won the auction 5
days later at $62.00.   It makes no sense at all to increase a bid a few
dollars thinking you will win because in a few hours someone else will do
the same thing.  It is a total waste of time to keep checking the auction
over and over days after day and bidding again and again increasing the bid
a few dollars each time.   Give it your best bid on the very FIRST bid then
turn off the computer and don't check it ever again until after the auction
has ended.  In another month or so when the weather starts to get bad I
will be listing lots of TC stuff on ebay.  I have been cleaning out my work
shop and selling things on ebay for 3 years and I still can not tell that
anything is missing from my work shop.

Gary Weaver

 > Original poster: "Richard W." <potluckutk-at-comcast-dot-net>
 >
 > LOL!
 > Sure must be a bunch of them though since someone ALWAYS bids against me
on
 > Ebay for tesla parts. :D
 >
 > Rick W.
 > Salt Lake
 >

 >  > Original poster: "S&JY" <youngsters-at-konnections-dot-net>
 >  >
 >  > Fellow Coilers,
 >  >
 >  >   Obviously we who putter with home made Tesla Coils are an elite but
 > small
 >  >   group amongst the billions of people in the world.  Does anyone have
 > good
 >  >   educated guess as to how many active coilers there are in the world?
My