Re: EBAY auctions and SNIPING - tesla coil parts

Original poster: "David Rieben" <drieben-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com>

Hi,

As  more of a buyer than a seller, I'd have to agree with Dan as well.
I HAVE indeed gotten some nice toys at good bargains by placing a
snipe bid in the last few seconds of an auction. Of course I don't al-
ways win by doing this as no one is gonna win every auction that he
or she bids on but I have won some. Also, it's good to look for things
outside of headings like "Tesla" or "high voltage" sometimes as this
tends to thin the competition a bit ;^) I recently picked a nice twin
1256-D Powerstat  w/bal. choke in a 19" rack cabinet with wiring and a
digital ammeter (343 lbs on a pallet) for a grand total of $225
(this included the freight charges for delivery). I was the only one
who bid on it so I got it for the minimum opening bid ($99.95).
This was not listed as "Tesla" or even "Variac", just Powersat,
and that's probably the reason that there wasn't any competitive
bids on it. Oops, here I am telling everybody my secrets ;^)))

David Rieben