Re: Tesla UV apparatus?

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Did we really have to know about your DRE? (digital rectal examination, not the analogue one).

Sounds like you have a Geissler tube. - Google for it. Or look at Mike's page.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/electricstuff/geissler.html

Peter
Tesladownunder

Original poster: Dgboorse@xxxxxxx
After a DRE, PSA, and TRUB my Dr said I had PCa .......

My interest in TC is that about sixty years ago, I had an "ultraviolet ray
machine"-a bit of medical quackery that (supposedly) cured all known diseases.
My father picked it up cheap at an auction.....

It appeared to be a small hand-held Tesla coil inside an attaché-sized box
that had various shaped vacuum bulbs which could be attached and glowed with a
purple glow.  If you inserted a metal rod instead of a bulb, you could hold
the rod in one hand and make a fluorescent tube glow by picking it up with the
other hand.....
Thanks,
Dave