RE: LC IV

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Moral of the story: The wave velocity down the wire is C.

Your experiment did not prove this at all because you never measured the
actual resonant frequency!!! V=f*lambda (you must admit this since you use
it all the time) so if you don't measure both f and lambda you can't say
anything about V. Well you can, but nobody will take it seriously.

If you had really done the experiment, I'll bet you would have found that f
was NOT 486000 Hz in the half wave Tesla coil. Or I'll wind a donut shaped
secondary and eat it!

I've already posted experimental data that directly contradict the results
of your experiment. (well the interpretation you put on them anyway.) I made
an ordinary Tesla resonator using a length of wire with a quarter wavelength
resonant frequency of 55kHz, and it resonated at 63kHz even though it was
toploaded (therefore the unloaded f.res. of the coil would have been a good
deal higher)

What do you have to say about that? I do own a signal generator and a
frequency counter and I have plenty more results where that one came from.

Steve Conner