Re: IT LIVES!

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

interesting answer ... but if the camera was moving around and catching multiple flashes from the spark gap ... wouldnt everything else be "moved around " too?

lets consider that the camera was still and the other objects in the picture were not blurred ( a constant still camera exposure) but we ended up with the "rouge" dots...

what are the effects of a digital camera being in close proximity of a strong magnetic/eletrical field?? could the dots be the CCD pixel units being over excited by hi voltage gradients imposed upon the CCD plate?
just a thought.... ya never know ... alot of coils can excite a 48" flourescent tube at 10' and a direct hit to a tube can puncture the glass...... the same camera was used to photograph the "non" energized coil and had no "dots" so can we consider that the same camera isnt producing the "dots" on all photos... but what about the photos of the coil running and no "dots"... maybe the camera was out of the magnetic/eletrical field range?? I would tend to believe that most pictures of coils taken with digital cameras are beyond 10' .....
anyone up to finding out if your camera will do well at taking pictures of a running coil at 3-5 feet away??? ;) ( I sure wont I cant even get within 15' of mine when running )

Uhoh...   thinking again...   this could be "not safe"

:)   Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Please respond on the bizarre phenomenons...

The freaky dots are caused by the light from your spark gap. Because you
moved the camera a lot during the long exposure, they smear all over the
frame. The spark gap light is not continuous but a series of very short
flashes so that explains why it appears as a chain of dots.

I've seen some similar dots in my pictures on this page

http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/t2tl.html

but the camera was on a tripod in this case so the explanation must be
different. I think the light was bright enough to confuse the camera chip or
something.

Nice coil!

Steve Conner