Re: Coiling almanac

"A Tesla coil at the Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison, was "on the air" with
it's
spark gap transmitter in 1931.

Dr. Resonance"

	Do you mean they converted a spark transmitter to drive the primary?
In an early QST (1916 I believe, can look it up) there were some
pictures and a short description of a "thing" a guy had built which
could, by throwing big knife switches, act as a transmitter or to
energize a Tesla coil.  I seem to remember a marble panel and an RSG but
that may be pure imagination.  Micky mouse, but that was 79 years ago
and I suspect most hams were already familiar with Tesla coils in one
way or another.  If I can remember I'll try to copy something about it
and send it to hot-streamer.  Pictures were poor and may not survive
scanning.

Ed