RE: Tesla history project

Original poster: "Daniel A. Kline" <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I remember reading somewhere that the bumps increase the surface-area of
the terminal, thus increasing the capacitance. It seems that I read this
in regard to Wardencliffe, where Tesla wanted a certain configuration
(toroidal?) for his terminal but found the expense too high.
He settled for the bump idea to get the capacitance he needed with the
limited amount of materials he could afford.
Dan K.