Re: Name My TC

Original poster: Sebastiaan Draaisma <sebas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Chiang Mai, Friday, April 8, 2005

Posted by:

Posted on: Friday, April 8, 2005

Hello Steven,

I think that if you are doing this for your graduation, you should do a good job, and not just glue and tape everything together to get your A.

In school they let you do homework, they don't give you all the answers without learning. And personally I think you should learn a little bit more by reading experiences from other coilers and read about their failures and success, only than you learn a lot. We can give you all the answers you need, but its more fun to see what others have done. A Tesla coil does not have to be expensive, but don't make a messy coil. Learning takes time.

There are some good websites you can learn from.

Free online basic electronic courses

http://www.electronics-tutorials.com

http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/

News letters about electronics

http://www.electronics-tutorials.com

Nikola Tesla (Tesla coil ring)

http://j.webring.com/hub?ring=teslaring

Everything about Nikola Tesla and Tesla Coils

Have fun building, and don't forget to read about the safety instructions, you only have one life!

Best regards,

Sebastiaan Draaisma

Tesla> Original poster: "Steven Steele" <<mailto:sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla> I am trying to come up with a name for my TC and I'd like ya'll's help. I

Tesla> was thinking maybe Knobby, because of the doorknob. Or maybe Skitzo,

Tesla> because it's multi layered. Or Cover Girl or Guy, because I used nail

Tesla> ploish to secure the secondary. Be creative! :)

Tesla> Here's some pics if you caven't already seen it:

Tesla> <http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/customsteele/pics/>http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/customsteele/pics/

Tesla>             Steven Steele