Re: Winding

Hi Steve,

I have wound many by hand. Just fix the wire at one end and start turning the tube. Best to be watching TV or something since it might take awhile. But it goes along fairly well.

One thing that is really important is to use masking tape and tape the windings in place as you go along. That way, if you slip up, you only have to fix a little bit since the tape will hold the older windings. I just tear off dozens of little tape bits and stick on everything around be so I can grab them easily as I go along.

Also try and wind the wire fairly "tight". Certainly not enough to break it or make winding hard, but you do want it to be nice and snug.

It takes a few hours, but it is not bad at all. You could make winding jigs and such to, but those take a few hours to make as well and can make their own new complexities. For just one not too big coil, hand winding will do fine.

Cheers,

        Terry