From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 4:20 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Motor?

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/11/05 8:54:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>A fellow coiler brought me a new motor with the intention of having me >convert it to synchronous operation by milling flats on the armature. >Before starting, I'd like to be certain this particular motor is >suitable. The specs are 2 hp, split phase, 3450 rpm, non-reversable, >115/230v, twin capacitor. > >Is this Harbor Freight special going to work for a SRSG? > >Thanks for any advice, > > >Tim Flood

Tim,

Yes, the motor modification will work.  Mill two flats.

Cheers,
John Freau

"MMS <apsc.com>" made the following annotations.
--- NOTICE ---
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any copy or printout. Unintended recipients are prohibited from making any other use of this e-mail. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or omissions in the contents which result from e-mail transmission.