Re: tubecoil

Original poster: Vladimiro Mazzilli <mazvla@xxxxxx>

I too, have little time in this months to dedicate at TC building; I have two
VTTC in plan, but There is also a 12" DRSSTC made with IGBT brick and bus bar
"half-built" and in any case nine years ago I was one between the firsts,
that try to make a drsstc (at the time sstc was with only one resonator),
once there was not fast Igbt and mosfet limited the job.
The principal mistake was that I wound secondaries that worked not in
resonance with primary and the result was not better than 10" discharge.
But although I have remarkabled interest in solid state, VTTC for me are the
best attractive stuff ,like a 845 tube Hi end power amp, you can see the
power flowing through the tubes when it is glowing, semiconductor are cold.

Cheers

Vladi