Re: Stealing Celestial Fire

Hi Gerry,

The Titanium Sapphire laser is a solid crystal laser charged pumped from say a 5W argon laser.

http://www.lasalle.edu/academ/chem/laser_web/titanium_sapphire_laser.htm

The titanium laser has no real moving or electronics parts from what I understand. This is interesting in that it could be "floated" above ground potential. Thus you could have the laser "switch" floating at say 500kV AC and turn it on from say 100 feet away by hitting it with the Argon laser. Almost a perfect super-HV super high-current totally isolated switch!!

I think the price of the Ti lasers are pretty reasonable too and they should have a very long life.

Cheers,

        Terry