Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Malcolm.

Tl> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tl>  > yes, it`s exactly the same as i wanted to say/ask - sorry for my
Tl>  > stupid english - Kulon`s law = Coulomb's law :-)

Tl> I'm sure I'm not the only person who's been trying to figure out who
Tl> "Kulon" is or was!

sorry one more time - i`ve never been learning english - only german
(looong time ago) :-)

Tl> Here I admit to having trouble understanding exactly what you are
Tl> saying. It would be pointless for me to comment further if my
Tl> understanding is incomplete and just a waste of bandwidth. This is a
Tl> reflection on myself, not you.

ok - no problem at all.

Tl>  > "SECONDARY COIL TOWER STRUCTURE
Tl>  > Lsec = 0.130H
Tl>  > Fsec = 37.92kHz (w/7' spherical electrode), 52.60kHz (no electrode)
Tl>  > Isec (pk) = 61A, with full primary voltage at 38kHz Total tower height
Tl>  > - 38' 8"
Tl>  >
Tl>  > 61 a means that bang energy = 241.86 joules - real "big bang", i love
Tl>  > this guy %-) total capacitance of discharger and the coil would be 135
Tl>  > pf, then secondary voltage is 1.9 MV.

Tl> Point is, how much shorter can you make it before it does become a
Tl> problem at 1.9MV (I assume that figure is calculated as though the
Tl> coil had no losses)?

if this current peak is just before the discharge (zero voltage), then
it`s separated from discharge moment (max voltage) only by a quarter of
period of Fres - what losses are you talking about?

Tl>  > Tl> If you can quantify these things for me I'd be delighted.
Tl>  >
Tl>  > no, not me, at least not before you :-)

Tl> So when are you going to build a coil and contribute to the pool of
Tl> knowledge?

not earlier than after a year (only _start_ of building), and it would
be only my first coil. unfortunately i can`t intensify this process -
nothing depends from me, so for now i`m going to read archives - ALL
of them :-)

-----
I am skeptical about space aliens too, but space aliens have a greater
probability of existence in my opinion than extra garage space...
(c) Richard Quick  6-07-95 03:59