From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:40 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: The right capacitor match?

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The CDE 940 series are not really suitable for TC applications.  They
are a metalized film construction, which makes for very weak
electrode/lead wire connection.  Therefore they tend to fail due to
over current.  An oversized MMC with 940s will likely work just fine,
as I'm sure some will attest to.  But the best capacitor to look for
is the CDE 942 series.  These are well-used and well tested.  A
string of 13 2kV, .10uF caps will work, as will 10x 2kV .068uF
caps.  The MMC made with the .10's will be more robust but will cost more.

Richardson's Electronics seems to be the best place to buy them,
though they have a minimum order.  Some on the list may have a dozen
to spare, though :)

Cheers!

Mark Broker