Re: Ball Lightning

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

From: Jared Dwarshuis

My grandfather saw ball lightning hit a tree while plowing a field
back in the 30's. He kept his mouth shut for decades because he
thought it was a warning from God.

My friend John saw ball lightning roll up our driveway and fizzle out.
I was sceptical however our computer was fried and so were the diodes
of a Volvo alternator (car in driveway).

The computer was trashed and it took all day to find the toasted
diodes.

I did not see the ball lightning myself, but the odds of all the
diodes and the computer failing simultaneously (both were off!) are
near zero.

Does this prove that ball lightning exists? Of course not! However
diodes and computers failing for no reason at all is harder for me to
to believe then the existence of ball lightning.