Re: **Does anyone have CDE 942 series (or similar) capacitors? - MMC Voltage

Original poster: Jimmy Hynes <jphynes@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, if you're gonna do everything withing the ratings, it's AC, so that's 600V RMS/cap :P They've been shown to work well at and beyond the DC rating. Assuming you do hit the peak voltage of 21.21KV (may or may not, depending on gap settings and C size), then it's less than 20% over spec, and they'll hold up fine. Terry tested those 2KV caps up to 5700V before it failed :- o