Re: 1994 article

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Antonio,

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx> > > Tesla list wrote: > >Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx> > >"The theory of two coupled tuned circuits has probably been around for > >more > >than 50 years. The impulse excitation was probably mathematically > >explored > >in connection with spark gap transmitters. > >The Titanic had a spark gap transmitter and that sank in 1912. It may > >even > >have been understood (in part) for hundreds of years in connection with > >sympathetic resonances of organ pipes, strings and tuning forks. When I > >briefly worked on traveling wave tubes 35 years ago there were old > >papers > >(say five years old) discussing the propagation in helices i.e. > >secondary > >coils." > > The theory has been around for more than 100 years. Helix-type TWT's > >go back at least to the late 1930's. > > There is a review in Drude's paper (1904): > http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/drude/project.html > The first studies of double resonance circuits were done by 1895. > I tried to access your papers. The untranslated ones in gif format are not much use to me. The ones in dgf a trv I could not open.

Do you know when complex (real and imaginary) analysis was first commonly
used on such problems?

I did a Google and was surprised that Mr. Laplace presumably the inventor
(or did he discover) of Laplace Transforms lived 1749-1827.
Almost 200 years ago !!!!

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400