RE: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
        Further to Gary's note below I'd also like to note that I
don't think the 1.7 factor has anything to do with transformer type.
All transformers in disruptive coil use are ballasted in one way or
another - sometimes with a charging reactor on the output side (which
transforms to a more familiar ballast on the inpute side).

Malcolm