Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Hi Dmitry,

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

so we need to remove the strike rail and lift the coil upper from the
ground.

The strike rail is there to protect the primary. If you remove it, the primary will take the hit.

http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/testing/pages/vertstrk.html
http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/testing/pages/pwrfence.html

do you see a giant strike rail or stupid wide flat primary here? no? me too,
nevertheless in "most coils" they are still present. why not make primary
like here:

Cant tell. The photos are too fuzzy.

http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/construction/pages/pricoil.html
http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/NewZealand/pages/nzmanway.html

Helical primaries put the primary closer to the the top of the coil and secondary to primary breakdowns are more probable.

Gerry R.