re: pics of the Green Monster

Original poster: DRIEBEN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the comments. I'm hoping to get
some spark pics uploaded in the near future.
Last Friday night's run was a second (well
actually a third) light but it was still kind
of an impromptu decision to fire it off at
this time. It was getting toward 10 PM and
one neighbor lady across the street was giving
us a pretty hard stare from her front door ;^0
So I didn't have the time to try to get any
spark pics that night. All I have at my personal
disposal is a Canon A80 Powershot didgtal came-
ra, which is a decent camera, but I'm not sure
how good of spark images that it can produce
since there is no control (that I know of) of the
exposure time. The camera can also record short
video segments but uploading video is a little
above my crude computer skills at this time.
I'm trying to prepare for another fire-up this
Saturday night and hope to get some presentable
spark photos for uploading. I'm trying to get
another local HV enthusiasts to come and bring
his digital video camera and possibly an old style
35 mm camera with shutter speed control. I'll
try to keep you all informed.

Yes, I also realize that my system most certainly
wouldn't pass the OSHA safety standards for a
civilian to safely operate ;^) but I didn't really
have any plans on letting someone else at the con-
trol panel though. Yes, but the most miniture of
Tesla coil systems are potentially dangerous and
Tesla coils of the pole pig are VERY dangerous from
an electrocution standpoint. Hopefully anyone who
has gone through the research and trouble to design
and construct a pole pig scale Tesla system is at
least vaguely aware of the dangers invovled :^o

David Rieben