Re: DC power on Tesla secondary (was 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 ...

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 8/11/05 10:13:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

.

     How was this switching accomplished, and was it dynamic or a
matter of changing connections before a run?

-Phil LaBudde

Phil,

I guess he changed connections before the run.  Lou said
that when he used 20kVDC it made the sparks brighter when
it hit a ground but
not really longer.  When he used 40kVDC then it also made
the sparks longer, and maybe brighter without hitting a ground.
I seem to forget the exact details, I so may not be 100%
correct about the brighter without hitting a ground part.

John