Re: DC power on Tesla secondary (was 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps)

"Kinetic energy of the bullet.  I assume it takes a lot more to get it
out the barrel.  I think you can find out how much powder they use
(330 grain), but I don't know the conversion".

1. That sounds much more like bullet weight than powder weight!!!

2. 7000 grains to a pound.

3. Was that 2000 joules or 2000 foot pounds of energy, which would be
somewhat more.

	I once worked on a laser weapon project.  The power supply for that
would have operated the biggest SSTC anyone could possibly imagine.
Never went anywhere but I remember figuring out that the actual energy
on target would be only about 2200 foot pounds, hardly worth the
bother.  Of course, the "projectile speed" would be that of light so
there wouldn't be much of a windage problem.

Ed