Re: 48kW DRSSTC

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

> In a message dated 12/3/05 1:22:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  >This is a problem in classic coils too: the high inductance of a NST
>  >(in both differential and common modes) effectively lets the primary
>  >circuit "Float" at RF. So a primary strike causes huge stress on the
>  >NST's insulation. We use safety gaps between the transformer bushings
>  >and the case to fix this, but a DRSSTC calls for a different approach.

>      This sounds like a good argument for running a "classic" coil
> with a grounded primary, when possible.

grounding won`t help you - coz you can`t ground both sides of primary
simultaneously. as author said - "L*di/dt could overvolt things", but
you can`t eliminate Lprimary - just think about it.

-----
Happy coiling, unlimited electricity, basic food and requisite sleep.
21-06-1996 (c) Robert W. Stephens