another newbie questin (variac fuse keeps blowing)

Original poster: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx My thanks for all the suggestions. Based on Gary Lau's similar experience with a 15/60 and a static gap, sounds like replacing my .03 uF Maxwell cap with .02 is the likely solution. Although some of you felt adding PFC caps might possibly do the trick. Game Plan: (1) I'll first try just PFC caps - in hopes that I don't ahve to lay out the $$ to build a replacement MMC tank cap.
(2)   If (1) doesn't work, I'll built the MMC.
Thanks again for your help on this.

Dennis Hopkinton, MA