Re: Capacitor Help

I have a few hundred of the 942 series C-Ds in stock.

Dr. Resonance

I would most certainly disagree here.  An MMC is more robust and gives
more "bang for your buck".  Sticking with the CDE 942C series (go to
rell.com to order them) you will have no question as to the
suitability of the capacitor.
Maxwells would be fine if they were new, but in fact most of the
maxwells out there (sold by alltronics) were supposedly quite abused
in an experiment where they discharged banks of these caps into a
spark gap to generate sound to break up kidney stones (dont know if
this ever went anywhere).  This is just "word of mouth" stuff, but it
seems plausible enough.   Anyway, why not spend less money and get a
new capacitor?  Its better than guessing at its suitability and
lifetime.
For a 15/30 NST, a string of 12 of the .1uF 2kV CDE caps would work (i
believe the part number is 942C20P1K.
But ouch, it looks like RELL (or CDE) increased the minimum order to
~$133.  I believe there was another place that sold CDE caps, Gerry R.
mentioned it before.  I think it was:
http://mpaqelectronics.com/
But it seems like you have to call and ask about them?
Good luck.
Steve Ward