Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,

After much searching and calling around I finally got the 338-1175-nd caps
from Digi.  I got 14 so I'll have two extra incase of problems.  Everywhere
I called only had 10 pound spools of wire and the cheapest I found was $9 a
pound for 28 AWG.  I was about to break down and pay the $90 from a local
supplier when I got back in touch with surplussales.com to see if anything
had changed since my last call to them and sure enough the guy had 1.3
pounds of 27 AWG for $13.  Woo Hoo!  He's shipping that out to me right
away.

Thanks guys.

Oh and I have another quick question :) on the high voltage side I see some
people wire the capacitor in series with the primary and others put the
spark gap in series and the capacitor in parrallel with the NST.  Which way
is correct? or does it even matter?  I was going to put the capacitor in
series with the primary.

Thanks
Malcolm