Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "MalcolmTesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:40 PM

> Original poster: "David Rieben" <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Malcolm,
>
> One thing you may want to note is that you will probably
> find it a bit of a challenge to "fish" the working end of a
> zip tie through one predrilled hole of the PVC and up and
> out of the neighboring hole, especially with PVC pipe as
> small as 3/4". What "I" did to meet this challenge was to
> fold the working end (the end without the zip lock mecha-
> nism) in two places about 3/4" to 1" apart, then take a
> pair of lineman's pliers and pinch the folds together with
> the pliers very firmly. This will leave the working end
> resembling a hook with two 90 degree elbow. This makes it
> somewhat easier to fish the end of the tie into one hole and twist
> it around to poke out of the adjacent hole as it's obvious that you
> won't be able to slide your free hand into such a small diameter
> pipe to assist in this procedure.

David, all I did was make one bend at the end of the zip tie where it has a
natural bend anyway.  I squeezed it with pliers.  So now the end is bent up
pointing to the top where the locking mechanism is.  Then I just slide it
down one hole (bend first, kind of like pushing a V into the hole) and when
I pull up the bent end stuck up the adjacent hole and then I just pulled it
up.  That went much easier than I thought it would.  Just very very time
consuming.

Malcolm in KC