Re: Lead Free (was Re: CD MMC caps from DigiKey...)

The Radio Shack stuff is a nice trial price so I will pick so up and give it a try. I think 96/4 comes from the stained glass industry. Typically, electronics stuff should not have silver in it due to a nasty thing known as silver migration. But I don't think that is a big deal for the hobbyist types. The military and the medical stuff will have big heart burn over the silver however!"

Tektronix used to(ca 1960) use silver-plated ceramic terminal boards and always included some silver-bearing solder inside the scope for making repairs. Apparently regular solder without silver could dissolve the pad and render it useless.

Ed