Re: Capacitor Help

Original poster: Rich Simpson <richcreations@xxxxxxxxx>

On Dec 18, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Tesla list wrote:

 I'm curious, how do the rest of

you wind your secondarys?

I just put the pvc form in my lap, sat if front of the TV, and turned it with one hand, and fed the wire with the other, using my thumbnail to make the wire lay tightly with the previous turn, I had plenty of pieces of masking tape that I used to tape the wire every now and again to take breaks, took 3 hours to do it, 4.5"x22" 23awg, but I did not spend any time making a jig. next time I would do it how you did.

I have attached a pic of my secondary (with 4 coats of poly), perhaps terry can put it somewhere...

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/4inchsec.jpg

-Rich in berkeley