Re: A LUA file for BELA (a help to build electrostatic model of TC)

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

> All,
> Dmitry showed [...]

yeah, there would be a day and i`ll show to everyne here! LOL :-)))

> Over on Yahoo groups, I met a guy, Senthil Ram, who not only offered
> to- but actually _did_ write a script to build the model of the secondary coil.

so what? there`s nothing heroic here - the script is so simple, that
you would be able to write it by yourself after a while :-)

Dmitry, I`m a romantic. I still think it is fantastic that a total stranger helps me with something that is difficult for me.

> It only does cylindrical coils, not pancake and not conical, but that
> is because I`m too lazy to do the code. Perhaps a job for you?

i knew that you`re a lazy 4$$ and that`s why i`ve done everyting by
myself yesterday, having totally rewrited the script - now it works
faster and does pancake, cylindrical and conical (direct and inverse)
primaries AND secondaries :-P
i had no time to learn LUA or to read your discussions at yahoo,
so i used only those language commands, that i`ve found in your source
plus the common sense :-) the script is done in the image and likeness of
Antonio`s Inca - the same system of input values, all dimensions in
millimeters, between system axes and wires centers.

d`you know what does it mean? no more flashovers!
now anyone (who understands of course :-D) can design a tightly
coupled classical coils, magnifier drivers and e.t.c. - today is the
birthday of a new instrument of the next generation for tc designing!
it`s also important that this instrument (as Terry said in its time)
"is not copyrighted or anything stupid like that" :-P
of course our script is not for "most" of the list, but who cares
about things like "most"? :-)))

Yup. It fills a hole I think.

> If you would like to model a coil of yours, download the file from here:
> http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/DRSSTC.lua

no - now from here:

http://mail.himplast.ru/father_dest/temp/

You sure is a joker. What sort of Chinese gibberish is that!

:-)
i wrote it in an hour (no time at all), so anybody can send any bugs,
bricks and other good stuff directly to me :) thank you for saving my
time and thank Senthil for the fact he saved yours :-D

The boundary condition of my gratitude is without limit :-)
Took me a week to figure out the litle I did, guess that`s why I fix ingrown toenails for a living instead of programming computers.

> I went out and got a 1meg memory module for my TravelMate 240 laptop,
> and as long as I don"t try to model all 3000 secondary turns, I`m
> alright.

"1meg"? your notebook is based on the i286? :-))) i`ve ran the
analysys of my 2000 turns coil - peak _total_ (see - win xp &
several opened applications) memory load was 315mb only.
Nah, 2.6G celery, (Keep it fresh in the root cellar) :-). Used to have 256Meg, just not enough for 3000 turns without disk swap.