RE: MMC Design and Wiring

Original poster: "Mark Dunn" <mdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

My question was about the inductance of the caps themselves.  The CDE
942C20P15K have an ESL = 32 nH.  A string of (12) is still negligible to
my primary inductance(so this question is more theoretical than
practical)  My question is if I reverse every other cap would I reduce
the total string cap inductance.  The question goes to the direction
that the foil is rolled inside the cap and how the cap is
terminated(internally).  If the caps are all built identically(as one
would expect production product would) and I reverse every other one
won't the current flow in the opposite direction around the axis of
every other capacitor and reduce the inductance of a string?

Thanks
Mark

>1 meter of straight wire with 1 mm of diameter has 1.5 microhenrys. The
value is almost
>directly proportional to the wire length. 1 foot of 1 mm wire has 0.387
uH. (I have the
>exact calculation implemented in the Inca program.) Flat connections
and parallel arrays
>reduce the inductance, so your value is close to correct, somewhat
excessive (uH, not uF).

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz