Re: pole transformer

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Paul

I calculated that before when I thought about
bringing a 5 or 10KVA pig to europe, but shipping
weight is really a big factor, the transformer itself is
almost a free ad-on to the high shipping costs.
Things would impove, if you just buy the core/coil
assembly maybe plus the insulators.
That would save some serious weight, and you
could probably find a neat new home to submerge
the core in oil again.. thinking about the "visible pig"
However, this would mess up the cool looks of those
devices.

best regards

Christoph