Re: stripping magnet wire

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

Just,

With a match (for thin wire), a cigarette lighter (for medium wire) or a blowtorch, for thick wire, burn the insulation off by heating the wire to red hot. Now fold a 2by2 inch piece of abrassive paper once so that abrassive coating is outside, then fold again for a 1by1inch "V" shape. Hold it by your thumb and indexfinger, and clamp it firmly around the wire. Then pull the wire out from the grasp, several times, to bring the copper back to it`s inoxidized state.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I've never worked with magnet wire before...can anyone tell me the easiest way to
strip the insulation?

Thanks!

Justin in Austin