Re: C drive ESR question

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, if you can achieve a low ESR and ESL, along with having enough
energy storage (i use maybe 20X the bang energy stored) then you
should be alright.

Are these small caps you are asking about electrolytics or film caps?
You need the electro's to supply the majority of the current, while
the film caps are usually just for snubbing (providing a path for
possible transients).  They dont contribute greatly to supplying
energy to the tank circuit, but they are definately required.

Steve Ward