RE: Terry's DRSSTC actually hooked to a coil now >:-))

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>by following primary current, you just
>"ride along" with the frequency...

Yup, this is exactly what happens. But you have to be careful because there
are two possible "rides" the coil can go on. If you design the system to
give the right voltages and currents on one of these paths, they may be all
wrong if it switches to the other one.

Primary current feedback can't select between the two paths, it will just go
to the one whose gain is highest. If they are about equal, then streamer
that by deliberately mistuning- to ensure lower pole operation, tune the
primary lower than the secondary, and for upper pole, tune it higher.

If you reverse the phase of the primary feedback you get a third possibility
which is the one described by Antonio de Queiroz and Jimmy Hynes. The system
oscillates at the "zero" midway between the two "poles". This oscillation is
not stable in the steady state but it might persist long enough to get
breakout.

It's hard to tell from the trace which mode you're on but I would guess the
lower pole. The upper pole never shows notches, and the "Antonio" mode won't
oscillate at all if the feedback phasing is set for driving a single
resonant circuit.

"Two modes diverged in a Tesla burst, And sorry I could not travel both with just one driver, loud I cursed And messed around with PSpice first To see them pulled by streamer growth"

etc

Steve C.