Re: LOW-Z Amp

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Terry, All.

First thank you very much for your input and thanks
for opening up my IP pool to hot-streamer.com.

I think I am going to use Terry's design and already
ordered the LM12 and even custom wound a 2x20V
( for the LM ) and 7,5V ( supply for signal generator )
power transformer yesterday.

Now for the questions ( danger, tube guy goes solid state )

I studied the data-sheet to the LM12, in particular the paragraph
concerning protection circuits for inductive and capacitive loads.
Should I add the 4µH choke with de-Q-ing R on the output?
Should I use input compensation?
Why do you use 2 470Ohms resistors inseries with the input?
Does this have any particular reson or is this just what you had on hand?
The data sheet suggests 20 up to 470µF supply bypassing caps,
should I use more than the 10µF from your diagram?

In the pics I see a grounding point in the center of your enclosure,
I guess this is one point where all the ground wires meet...?

OK, lots of questions. I just want to make sure I get everything right
the first time, cause the LM12 is a bit too pricey to mess around
with it.

regards

Christoph Bohr