MOT

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

I got a chance to check out the MOT I found. I don't have a volt meter to check out put at 120 in, and I always check with lower voltage to make sure I have the right wires. I almost goofed this time because the heavy wire is not the filament but the primary. This beast has a 12ga primary winding, fill is 3.5v, HV output at 20v in is 560, which would scale up to about 3.3k v, its big and heavy for a MOT. Its output went to a bridge rectifier then a large coil around the tube.
Can any one think of a use for this odd ball ?

Rich