Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Odd IGBT damage??

Original poster: stork <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Terry,

Your probably right about the reverse diodes. Check a good IGBT and see what voltage the reverse diode conducts then check to see if your driver reverse diode conducts at the same voltage or is shorted or open. Do it with DC and also at operating frequency.

I am thinking the anti-parallel diodes have gone away. Strange since one would think the IGBTs themselves would get beat up from tiny dead times and fast switching rather than the separate diodes....
So I am going to switch out the set of IGBTs and see if it all returns to normal. If so, I will have the die checked to find what blew up.

stork