Re: terrys scope antenna

Hi Again,

I took some pictures and details of the one I use now. It just has the voltage side and needs no etching. If you have the parts you can make it in a 1/2 hour. Since the front is solid copper instead of "fingers", the frequency will not go way up to 100MHz, but who cares ;-)

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/NewerSimplePlaneWave.pdf

Use tiny but leaded parts. Surface mount parts just bust up too easy. This new one is super easy to make and very hard to break. I use it all the time. It likes 50 ohm coax back to the scope which should be terminated at 50 ohms too, but I usually don't worry about that.

Cheers,

        Terry

Hi Colin,

They are here:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/planant/waveant3.html

I continue to like the plane wave antenna's very much!! These days I just use a simple but tougher version. I can post a few pics later.

Cheers,

        Terry