FREE parts source

Original poster: Jerry White <starcatfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi everyone.
Has anyone herde of FREECYCLE.org ? It is a bunch of people that it is better to give things away instead of throwing them away.There are groups all over the countryn in towns small and large. You have to join the group (free of course) then just look at the postings for somthing you want. I have seen computors, cars, and just about everything else, including microwave ovens, working and not working.
I just picked up a J.C.Penny oven (1.25 KW) that was working when I got it.:-) I have a whole new pile of parts now! A large xformer, a diode that measures 20M ohm/>200Mohm!, a couple of large wire wound resistors( 5.5"x1") 750 & 1200 ohms. And a fan with a rubber horn on it that was to cool the magnitron. the horn is a perfict fit for a 4" pvc pipe? I see a well quenched RQ gap in its future.
Worth checking out!
Jerry