Re: Beginner questions

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ralph: I cut all types of plastic from poly ethylene to fiber glass. I have
the best results with a blade with as many teeth as I can get, Carbide
blades work best. Rich is correct use safety glasses and feed the work
slowly or the work will jump up at you. If you have a hold down use it. When
I cut old computer cases I take a risk with no hold down. Thin plastic is
more of a problem than thick. PVC sheets are real good because the cut well
and glue. Poly ethelene requires plastic screws or welding. Harbor Freight
sells a plastic welder for around $35 and the plastic supply sells welding
rod. Practice on scraps before you weld your project its not the same as
welding metal. It is more like welding aluminum. Its an art, not science.
      Robert   H