DRSSTC-3 Spark Pictures

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Just in case anyone was wondering if it really works...

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/DRSSTC3.htm

Scroll all the way to the bottom.

After raising the coupling a bit (raised the primary about .5") and
retuning (had to add even more L!) the coil is easily hitting 32" at
less than 450A in the primary.  Raising the coupling actually helped
reduce primary current and increase spark length... cant go wrong
there!  Sadly there is a limit to the coupling, where the coil arcs
over to the primary (hate when that happens).  I will keep nudging it
and see where i top out at ;-).  Looking forward to seeing how my BIG
DRSSTC responds to primary feedback.

Steve W.