Re: GE Energy Storage Caps

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Those would make one heck of a 225kV marx generator (~280kJ, heck of a nice bang, even tho the spark would only be 5-6" long)

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:46 AM
Subject: GE Energy Storage Caps

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

List members,

I hope Terry will let this slip through, although not quite Tesla coil
related it may be of interest to other list members.

I, and several other list members recently purchased a number of GE
Energy Storage Capacitors, 100 MFD @ 25 KV. They have the flat, low
inductance terminals, measure 11" X 16" X 26 1/2" and weigh 300 pounds
each. Will shrink coins and small cars! The local surplus supplier has
~9 more available at $200 each. Due to the weight, they would have to be
picked up here in Rochester, NY.

Please e-mail me OFF-LIST if interested.

Ed Wingate