Re: Advice on Primary

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Medina, Benjamin (UMR-Student)" <bamxbb@xxxxxxx>
I know this topic has already been discussed but I am still having doubts when it comes to the winding of the copper tubing through the holes or notches of the supports. So if someone could clear this up for me that would be very much appreciated.

I'm sure that you will receive adequate indications on how to make a nice primary coil with copper tubing. But note that it's not necessary at all to use copper tubing to make a perfectly working primary coil. Given the huge losses in a spark gap, even a primary coil made with relatively thin wire will work in the same way. You will need instruments to see any difference from, say, #10 wire, in a not very large Tesla Coil.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz