Re: Copper Banding?

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 2/23/05 2:42:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
saw a website a while ago while surfing at 2 AM and
saw that someone made their primary out of copper
banding type stuff and insulation. The banding looks
like tape with no adhesive. I would guess (from
memory) that it was 2" wide, but it looked
interesting, and I thought I'd like to try that idea.

This weekend at a HamFest I found someone selling copper strips for grounding. Haven't had too much luck otherwise in finding it.
They are:

    The Wireman, Inc.
    261 Pittman Rd
    Landrum, SC 29356
    (864) 895-4195
    1-800-727-WIRE (orders only)
    (864) 895-5811 fax
    <http://www.thewireman-dot-com>www.thewireman-dot-com

The stuff I saw them advertising is .020" - .022" thick, 1.25", 2", or 4" wide, sold in 10ft lengths (or any length for the .020" x 2").
I was going to post this anyhow, thanks for giving me the excuse!

-Phil LaBudde