Re: Winding technique

"One interesting trick large commercial xmfr winders use is to route the
enameled magnet wire through a simple piece of cardboard in a "V"
shape.  A
small lightweight clamp allows different tension on the cardboard V
depending on the gauge of wire being wound.  It was amazingly simple but
they used this technique on over 20 winders all hard at work winding
pole
xmfrs.

The magnet wire is located on a simple dowel type arrangement and is
located
down near the floor.  The V cardboard is up on a metal stand at a level
even
with the xmfr being wound.  The magnet wire makes a approx 70 degree
bend at
the cardboard V.

The engineer told me they have used this technique for over 40 years!
Simple but effective.

We use a similar arrangement with our lathe.

Dr. Resonance"

	I think I picture the setup EXCEPT I can't figure where the clamp fits
in; what is it clamping?  Please explain more because this sounds very
useful.

Ed