RE: phase shifter instead of variac use

Original poster: Dieter.Boeckeler@xxxxxxxxxxx ( =?iso-8859-1?Q?"Dieter_Böckeler"?
Hi Black Moon,Coilers,
in the systems we use these phase shifters we sometimes have shorted secondary windings.
One example:
The welding of railways with very high current.
in a locomotive is a 800HP diesel engine.The engine drives a generator.
The generator produces 400V 1000A.After the generator is the phase shifter circuit to
regulate the 400V/1000A.After the phase shifter there is a transformer on a crane out of the
locomotive.The secondary of this transformer are the two railways which should be welded.
The current in the railways if put together is 16ka/~20V.
The most use for such primary shifters is for galvano systems.
best regards
alex